Thank you for choosing us as your new dental home. The following is an overview of what to expect at our office for your first appointment:
- Your first appointment is what we call a records appointment, where our team takes any needed x-rays or 3D images for proper diagnosis. We may be able to use images from previous dental offices. Please have them available before your first scheduled appointment with us.
- Once your images are completed, we will capture photographic images of all tooth surfaces. This allows us to detect any changes at future appointments.
- We then have a dental hygienist complete a periodontal exam, where they check for the presence and degree of periodontal disease. This allows us to determine what periodontal treatment you need and customize the right plan for you.
- Finally, the doctor will look at all the findings from your visit and clinically assess your treatment needs. They will also complete an oral cancer screening using our Oral ID device. We will formulate a treatment plan based on the conversation held during this visit.
We understand everyone has different priorities and values and want to ensure the treatment plan we develop meets your goals.
Regular checkups include a thorough cleaning and polishing and an oral exam by the doctor. During the oral exam, your doctor will check the health of your mouth, teeth, gums, cheeks, and tongue. They will also inspect your existing fillings and restorations for wear or damage. Regular checkup appointments typically take about 60 minutes.
We encourage these appointments for individuals aged four and up. Regular checkups are important, as they help us with the following:
- Check for problems you might not see or feel
- Find early signs of decay
- Treat oral health problems early while they are still manageable
Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify us immediately.