Our skilled team is experienced in providing exceptional bone graft services to support the success of various dental procedures and promote long-lasting oral health. Discover how our bone graft services can help restore and enhance your oral health.
What is a Bone Graft?
A bone graft is a procedure that involves transplanting bone or bone-like materials to an area of the jaw where bone loss or insufficient bone density has occurred. The graft material serves as a framework or scaffold, stimulating new bone growth and promoting the integration of the graft with the existing bone.
This procedure provides a solid foundation for dental implants, improves bone density, and supports the overall structure and functionality of the jaw.
Common Bone Graft Procedures
Our knowledgeable dental team will assess your specific condition and recommend the most appropriate bone graft procedure to restore your oral health. Count on us for treatments like:
- Socket Preservation: After tooth extraction, socket preservation can prevent bone loss in the empty socket. The graft material is placed into the socket, preserving the bone volume and maintaining the natural contours of the jaw for future dental implant placement.
- Sinus Lift: A sinus lift is performed when the upper jaw lacks sufficient bone height for dental implant placement in the back molar region. During the procedure, the sinus membrane is lifted, and bone graft material is added to the area, creating a stable foundation for implants.
- Ridge Augmentation: Ridge augmentation restores the natural contour and width of the jawbone when it has become too thin or shallow due to bone resorption. The procedure involves adding bone graft material to the deficient areas, enhancing both aesthetics and functional support.
- Block Graft: A block graft may be necessary in cases of significant bone loss or defects. This procedure involves using a small block of bone from your own body or a donor source to augment the jawbone. Block grafts provide structural support and promote new bone growth.
- Ridge Split: When the width of the jawbone is insufficient to support dental implants, a ridge split procedure may be performed. This involves carefully splitting the ridge and inserting bone graft material to widen and strengthen the jawbone, creating a stable foundation for implant placement.
Do You Need a Bone Graft in Concord, NC?
At Zsambeky, Chaney, & Associates, we are committed to delivering exceptional bone graft services to support your oral health goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We can’t wait to restore your smile by enhancing the strength and integrity of your jawbone!